What you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccine
COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on Marylanders. Thankfully, several vaccines have been developed to fight this dangerous virus. Understandably, many people have questions about the vaccine. We hope the resources below help you make an informed decision about receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
There are currently three COVID-19 vaccines approved and recommended for use in the United States. To learn more about the different vaccines for COVID-19 and how vaccines work, go here.
Currently, Maryland is in Phase 3 of the vaccine rollout and all Marylanders 12 and older are eligible for vaccination. Go here to learn more about the vaccine rollout in Maryland.
Marylanders who are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination are encouraged to visit: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
About the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Vaccine – CDC
- Town Hall on Understanding the COVID-19 Vaccine – University of Maryland Medical System
This town hall informed the community about the harsh effects this pandemic has had on our lives and addresses questions and concerns about the vaccine. This much-needed discussion offers hope, clarity, and some practical steps forward as we together create pathways to end COVID-19. Panelists included several faith leaders from the African American community in Baltimore.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Matters: A blog series discussing the evolving science and policy of COVID-19 vaccines, led by internationally renowned experts in vaccine development, Dr. Larry Corey of the Univerisity of Washington, and Dr. Chris Beyrer of Johns Hopkins University.
- Black Coalition Against COVID 19: https://blackcoalitionagainstcovid.org/
- COVID 19 Resources for Spanish Speakers: https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/fda-en-espanol/preguntas-frecuentes-sobre-la-enfermedad-del-coronavirus-2019-covid-19#vacunas