In an effort to prioritize health and safety, Maryland Health Connection opened an emergency enrollment period for uninsured Marylanders through June 15, 2020.
The Maryland Insurance Administration updates daily to help consumers with any questions they may have regarding insurance during this time. Please check MIA’s daily updates on Facebook, resources page, and general FAQs.
- If you have a health benefit plan regulated by the State of Maryland, you should not have to pay for the coronavirus test. Treatment will be covered but subject to cost-sharing. If you are uninsured, contact the Maryland Health Connection which has opened a special enrollment period until June 15.
- Enroll by April 15, 2020, coverage starts April 1, 2020
- Enroll April 16-May 15, 2020, coverage starts May 1, 2020
- Enroll May 16-June 15, 2020, coverage starts June 1, 2020
- Medicaid enrollment is available all year
- Please contact your health benefit plan at the number on your identification card to check: if your plan is regulated by Maryland; if your plan has comprehensive or limited coverage; if your policy covers in- or out-of-network care, if you are responsible for any cost-sharing, etc.
- COVID-19 Insurance FAQs 1
- COVID-19 Insurance FAQs 2