The coronavirus can significantly affect mental health for everyone, but especially for those living with a mental illness or substance use disorder. Here is a list of crisis support resources. We will update this list as more services become available.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health emergency, call:
- 2-1-1, then press 1 to connect with a helpline representative — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maryland Crisis Hotline – 800-422-0009
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255
- Disaster Distress Helpline — 1-800-985-5990
- Veterans Crisis Line — 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741741
- Sheppard Pratt Virtual Crisis Walk-In Clinic
- Locate crisis services with the Maryland Behavioral Health Administration’s Crisis Services Locator.
For immediate, urgent mental health or substance use crises not resolved by the resources above, call 911.