If you are worried about your child’s emotions or behavior, you can start by talking with friends, family members, your spiritual counselor, your child’s school counselor, or your child’s pediatrician/family physician about your concerns. The primary sources of information about options for helping your child are:

Pediatrician – He or she can listen to your concerns and make referrals for treatment.
Insurance Company – Can provide you with a list of mental health professionals within your healthcare network.
School Psychologists – Can help children and youth academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally.
Core Service Agencies – These are local agencies (by county) that are responsible for planning, managing and monitoring a specific area’s mental health services in Maryland.
Family or System Navigators – Navigators can help provide one-on-one support to families.
Contact us!  MHAMD is a statewide education and advocacy agency and we are here to help you.  You can reach us at 443-901-1550 or

Learn More >>