kids on the block
The Kids on the Block puppet troupe, comprised of volunteers from around the state, brings lively education and discussion to Maryland schools.
Today's children realize that life isn't always easy. Pressure to win, to be liked, to get along with your family, or to do well in school may cause a young person to experience stress.
Some stress and anxiety is normal. But feelings of worthlessness, extreme sadness, or hopelessness may be warning signs of a mental health problem.
The Kids on the Block Programs, developed with the support of Mental Health America, teaches children to understand feelings, helps them develop problem-solving skills, and encourages them to express their feelings and concerns.
To book a Kids on the Block performance or to volunteer, please contact a coordinator:
- Beth Santa Maria, 301-663-0011 x119
- Programs Offered: Substance Abuse, Bullies and School Safety, Physical and Sexual Abuse, Divorce, Multiculturalism, Mental Wellness
- Cassandra Redding, 240-449-7234
- Programs Offered: Substance Abuse Prevention, Mental Wellness, Bullies and School Safety, Early Childhood Program on Aggression
- Julie Barnett, 410-822-0444
- Programs Offered: Early Childhood Program, Bullies and School Safety, Mental Wellness